Master Driver: Driving Techniques Training DVD
If you want your drivers to take their skills to the next level of professional excellence and motivate them to become the safest drivers on the road, Master Driver videos are a great solution!Available in DVD, this program covers a critical safety topic in just 11 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
Driving Techniques provides a fast-paced refresher on routine driving skills. This training program helps reduce incidents and crashes by showing drivers how to deal with hazards inherent in the most routine driving situations. It also introduces defensive driving skills to new drivers while serving as a wake-up call to complacent veterans. Areas covered include defensive driving techniques, right- and left-hand turns, intersections, merging, passing, underpasses, railroad crossings, and more.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with a low underpass scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that certain driving techniques require special attention in your daily routine no matter how routine they may seem.
- Defensive Driving – Discusses hazard perception: recognizing and correctly reacting to potential emergencies that you encounter while on the road.
- Turns and Intersections – Examines proper turning techniques for intersections, including mentally planning your turns in advance.
- Underpasses – Reviews how to safely negotiate underpasses and the importance of good trip planning to avoid low underpasses.
- Railroad Crossings – Reminds drivers that the way to handle all railroad crossings is to always be alert and to always expect a train; also reviews safe crossing guidelines.
- Merging and Passing – Addresses a key trouble spot for many drivers: how to safely change lanes when merging or passing.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes the need to be completely aware of your rig and your surroundings at all times, and that it's critical to good driving technique.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with a low underpass scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
- Format: DVD
- Language: English
- Length: 11 mins.
- Old SKU: 903-DVD
* Online Interactive & Pay Per View Streaming raining also available. For more information please contact us at (800) 975-7640.
What's In The Box
- (1) 11 Minute Training DVD
- (1) Training Bulletin
- (11) Driver Skill Cards
Shipping and Returns
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.